Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Habits

Our Stake Activity and here's my Rebecca helping me out by colouring all my Habit signs we made for the doors! We were working with Stephen Covey's son Sean's book, 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens. We asked 7 different people and couples to come up with a 15 min. presentation and it was so fun to sit in on them and see all their different ideas. We had Be Proactive, Begin with the End in Mind, Put First Things First, Think Win/Win, Seek First to Understand then to be Understood, Synergize, and Sharpen Your Saw.

A big thank you to all our presenters..... I think they all felt their last presentation was much better than their first but that's what happens when you give the same speech 7 times!!! They really tried to make it fun for the kids, with games, props and keeping them involved. We just hope they had fun and learned lots.....


Vanessa's friend Sophie came along!The only one missing was Theresa who had to work because Melissa was here too......


Just loved Melodie and Mikael Lamb who presented theirs on a survivor theme! ( I had a little trouble grasping it since I never watch Survivor!) They started with this crazy game, assigned everyone a tribe and then they had to work as a team to get everyone through these ropes as many times as possible without touching the ropes..... the kids loved it and it was neat to see them working together!

Don loves being with the youth so here he is with his bunch, he went along with every presentation as well, it gives you a real feel for what's going on. I think this is what I admire about him the most....his total involvement......when I am off chatting with the adults Don is out there with the kids talking, playing, listening and teaching, he just really loves them and wants to be with them. I don't think he realizes how special he is to them.....
My partner in crime......I just love Nadine Edis, sometimes you just find someone that you just click so well with! Nadine is one of my "kindred spirits" as Anne would say. How lucky is that and we even get to work together......I am so happy to be secretary to her President (she is the Vernon Stake Young Women President right now!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...