Monday, January 12, 2009

Mitchell's New Year Endeavor

After reading a post (in The Simple Dollar) regarding the importance of learning new things every year, we had a family meeting about it and we all picked one thing we would like to work on this year to learn. Mitchell decided he wanted to learn how to do the Rubik's cube! So he worked on it for a good couple of weeks (he was able to get the top layer done) and then asked me for help...... I used to be able to do it when I was a teenager but that was years ago, so I went to my trusty Internet and downloaded the instructions! Then Mitchell and I read them together, took awhile and it was pretty complicated but right in the middle of a paragraph I noticed that Mitchell had already done the moves! He caught on pretty fast and so little by little we have been figuring it out. By following the instructions we've been able to do it a few times, but it still takes lots of work! Funny though because when he found out one of our missionaries, Elder Nelson could do it, he right away grabbed it and tried to get clues!
So I've pretty impressed at how perservering he's been with it! Mitchell loves math and puzzles so this is right up his alley........had to take a quick picture of it done!! Yeah for Mitchell!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...