Sunday, January 13, 2008

Some Books Should Not End

There are some books that you just wish wouldn't end...... and today I closed with sadness Shannon Hale's fifth book called "Book of a Thousand Days" not because it was sad but I just wanted to keep reading about Khan Tegus and the lady's maid Dashti! I just loved this book, almost more than her others! Well it's so hard to decide, have to admit though Tegus was such a wonderful man..... and Dashti so humble, heroic and fun. Shannon Hale shines in her witty, romantic dialogue.........how can you write about years being held captive in a tower and keep it interesting and gripping but she does!!! Just can't wait until all my girls read it and we can talk about it, Vanessa shoddied it (reserved it!!!) as soon as she saw it in my excited hands bringing it home from the library.
I have been trying to find time to read it amongst a surprise birthday party we held for one of Vanessa's friends (22 teenagers here last night) and then I was asked to teach a Relief Society class today so couldn't read it until that was done. So supper was pretty simple tonight while I tried to cook and read at the same time, it was a little late!! I started it yesterday in the afternoon and finished it with a pang at 9:30 tonight.......
So now I am buying them all!!!! I usually look for books in the library first and then if I like them I buy them....... and since all my girls love these books they'll be keepers. In fact I might have to check their suitcases when they leave home, lol.....

1 comment:

Lucy said...

I've only read Goose Girl and thought it was just o.k. Is this better than that?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...